February 18, 2012

SPRING DRESS

I may be the worst blogger ever, to be posting after a whole month; but I had my excuse! Well, I resigned from my job and it was kind of a turmoil. In fact I saw it coming for a looong time, and at last I couldn't stay any longer. No hard feelings for anyone, but I just couldn't do the "thing" any more!

But then started the "unemployment" period, which I am really not very used to. I've been working there for more than 9 years; before that I was working freelance for another 2.5 years for more or less the same people; and before that I was at the university. So not much of a stay-at-home person for an extended time. 

So when I started staying at home (since I couldn't find a new job immediately) I was like "what now?" I hoped I could sew, knit, read, etc.; but you know, I couldn't do anything! Well, anything besides checking Pinterest and discover new blogs 24/7!!! Hence the silence...


But now I started to feel a little better and there seems to be a few opportunities "job-wise" so I'm feeling refreshed enough to start over :)

Unfortunately, I can only share a dress I made last year for now; but I'm working on some new projects at the moment and hope I can publish them as soon as I finish (if I bought a zipper timely, it would already be finished; but that's only me!).


The pattern is from Burda magazine, 02/2011, model #101. I used a soft, dark green linen blend. But the high-point was to find a matching belt that belonged to another dress (ready-made) I bought ages ago and haven't worn once!

It is such a cute and "flexible" dress, that I wore it several times on different occasions. Suitable either for a picnik with a cardigan, or to a party with some simple jewellry. 

What do you think?

11 comments:

  1. i think the dress is super cute! it looks versatile, and can be worn in different ways!
    i usually don't like sleeves on dresses, but this one i love - it's a cute, subtle cap sleeves:) xoxo
    chie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Although it's not much compared to your great creations, I still agree it turned out quite OK ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, sorry to hear you've been going through a tough time but hopefully things will get better - good luck with the job hunting.
    Your dress is lovely, it looks really comfy to wear too. And I can't believe the belt was bought - it is a pefrect match! love your shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks for comforting :) It really means a lot! I hope I'll be better soon.
      And it really was like magic to find that belt in my closet, since I wasn't too happy with the stitch line ;)

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your job. :( Here's hoping that a new (and better!) one will turn up soon.

    I love this dress! I downloaded this pattern a while ago and haven't had the time to get to it, but I think it will be a perfect summer dress! The linen is really pretty (and the belt looks amazing)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger. Fingers crossed for a new job ;) And I'm happy you liked the dress. Really great for summer!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! And I love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment on True Bias. This dress is really adorable. I love it. And how amazing that you live in Istanbul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kelli. Yours was such a beautiful dress too, I couldn't help but appreciate!
      And about Istanbul, it really is a great city, but with a looong winter this year :(

      Delete
  6. Wow, the dress is gorgeous and it fits you perfectly! I love the color too!

    ReplyDelete